Clueless about Wine
Or maybe you’re at a business dinner. The boss wants salmon. Your client is a vegetarian. You want steak. And it’s up to you to pick the wine.
Don’t panic. The simple truth is, choosing – and enjoying – the right wine only seems complicated.
Clueless about Wine – the best-selling guide to wine basics – is packed with practical, current, easy-to-follow information that will turn even the most clueless consumer into a confident wine enthusiast.
Why Buy Clueless about Wine?
Clueless about Wine is the book for you if you want to know:
- About the essentials of wine
- Answers to the questions you may be afraid to ask
- How to make choosing wine more fun and less intimidating
In just over 200 pages, you too can find out…
- Where in the world wine comes from
- If you really can taste the difference between a $10 and a $50 wine
- Your wine style (if you usually drink Merlot, you’ll also like…)
- How to order wine in a restaurant like a pro
- And how to look like you know what you’re doing when the server asks you to taste it
- What to do with the cork when the wine is served and whether real corks are better than plastic corks (or screw caps for that matter)
- What a defective wine smells like, and what to do about it
- Food and wine matching- ideas to try at home or in a restaurant
- How to open a bottle of wine like a pro
And much more practical information so you don’t have to be clueless any longer…
The theme of our book is simple: wine was made to be enjoyed. It’s not about stressing over complicated vintages or learning confusing terminology. It’s not about rules or ironclad do’s and don’ts. It’s all about maximizing your enjoyment of wine.
From Clueless about Wine you will learn how wine is made, where it’s made, what it should taste like, which wine goes with which food, and much more. Clueless about Wine will also help you decide what wine to buy, how to entertain with wine, how to keep wine, and even how to give it away – if you want to, that is.
Order online for $21.95 +$4.95 S&H =$26.90 CAD
Pick up a copy and you’ll be the wine expert you never dreamed you’d be!
Originally published in Canada by Key Porter Books* (Currently looking for a publisher for the 3rd edition)
ISBN 1-55263-739-5 $21.95
Originally published in the US by Firefly Books
ISBN 1-55407-249-2 $16.95
Published in the UK as The Basic Basics Wine Handbook by Grub Street
ISBN 1-904010-54-7 £7.99
Polish language edition now available. Vist Wydawnictwo RM for more information.